Saturday, October 17, 2009

day... something...

OK, I admit it.  This challenge is, well, a bit challenging.  At this point I am so far behind on posting that I've lost track of which projects belong to which days, so I'm thinking perhaps it's time to abandon the "day #" filing system, and just mass post everything I've got documented so far.

Next in line: Thanksgiving weekend! Pasties! And a turkey dinner!

Not really sure why, exactly, but I decided that I (and every girl) should have at least one set of pasties.  After the Thanksgiving weekend, I have - not one, not two - but three pairs. 



The red glitter dots were my first try (and an attempt to use up some of the leftover scraps from my costuming efforts), and I'll be honest: they're a bit clumsy.  The seams and glue are really obvious up close, and they just lack a certain polish.  Maybe they need some tassels to spice them up.



Next I busted out my stash of sequins and the trusty hot glue gun, and created these babies:



The black and gold combo makes me think of Cleopatra.

After that I got really ambitious and decided to try making star-shaped pasties.  A friend of mine once posted some great photos of herself modeling black stars (like these), and I have coveted them ever since.  I had leftover silver fabric on hand, and voilà:

I'm pretty pleased with the way these turned out (I plan on posting a step-by-step tutorial later), but I haven't tried them on yet and I'm not sure if the points will dig into my skin.


It was a very crafty holiday weekend.  Much of this was accomplished between stuffing a 15lb. free range bird, making from-scratch cheese sauce for the broccoli, and baking countless loaves of bread.  Can I count the dinner as a project, too?

No comments: