Sunday, October 11, 2009

day six: pocket detail necklace

My day six project got a bit confounded, sadly: first, by my failure to find appropriate hardware despite running to three different stores across town; and second, by my subsequent departure for an ongoing adventure in small-town dog-sitting (which prevented further hardware-sourcing excursions). However, here's where it stands:


This was the detail from the pocket opening of a pair of pants which I upcycled into a purse. The hardware and embellishments were too interesting not to save when the body of the bag wore out. I liked the asymmetry of this piece and thought it would work well as a necklace or collar.

I cleaned up the back, and I'll be adding a D-ring to each end to attach a chain or cord... as soon as I can get to the store.


---

So... you may have noticed a couple of things. Like, there's no post for day five. And, um, today is not quite the day after day six. I spent most of day five on the phone and didn't complete a project. Oops. And, as mentioned above, I've been out of town looking after my family's dogs and house, and this has unexpectedly limited my blog-ability. I have been crafting, but it may take a few more days to catch up with the documentation.

No comments: